ABORTION: The Violation of Healthcare and Man’s Gestational Law

The Latest Decision by The Supreme Court

Abortion: A Violation of Healthcare

As the US Supreme Court upheld the State of Texas’ decision banning abortions after 6 weeks, the fall-out has been emotional to say the least. Described by one media outlet as,

“The Supreme Court’s conservative majority tossed a legal bomb into the abortion debate last night.”

However, while the arguments will continue, questions asked at White House briefings regarding the unborn rights to life, are met with almost disgust. But it is a fundamental question in the debate – right? The response by Ms Psaki was one of restrained anger at the journalist, because he was a man he could not possibly understand that decision-making process. Is this not sexism?

The fact that a male journalist asked the question, ought to be welcomed, not scorned. The reason so many women opt for abortion is because they have been abandoned by the ‘father’ of the unborn baby in the first place. However, his question was met with disdain and a rude answer. Therefore, we were ‘reassured’ by Ms Psaki that every effort by the administration would be made to vigorously fight this decision made by the Supreme Court – the fight for women to have the right over what happens to their bodies and their right to ‘healthcare’ and so on and so forth…

It is this author’s opinion that abortion should not be classed as healthcare for the woman and definetly not for the unborn child. Many women experience health problems following abortion – psychological issues, long-term mental health problems, guilt, physical harm – some being rendered infertile.

The Roe v Wade Ruling

To break down the Roe v Wade infamous Supreme Court ruling, meant that women had the right to terminate a pregnancy prior to the fetus being able to survive outside the womb. This was generally determined as 22 to 24 weeks gestation. What Texas has decided is that any individual, clinic or person who aids or abets an abortion after 6 weeks gestation can be sued for monetary damages. Again, one has to ask the question, can this law be enforced effectively?

Now, the path has been opened for more states to take the same stance as Texas, for sure. However, the viewpoint still stands on the rights of the unborn child.

The Unborn – Their Fundamental Right to Life?

It still beggars the question of the unborn and their right to life. All of above is to determined by the woman who finds herself in an unwanted situation. The responsibility of bringing any child into the world is the responsibility of TWO individuals. The statistics according to KFF are staggering per state, below are the highest number of abortions in the top five states in 2018:

Highest number of abortions 2018

Millions of souls are eclipsed each year globally through abortion. Yet this is labeled HEALTHCARE. We all started our life in the womb. The healthcare element occurred throughout our mother’s pregnancy/prenatal, during birth and post-natal. Healthcare occurred for the unborn baby from the moment of conception and continued after birth and continues to this day! So how can ending a life before it has begun come under the banner of healthcare? IT DOESN’T, unless one considers it end of life treatment – which only occurs as palliative care of the elderly or persons with terminal illness. The unborn baby is not terminally ill so it can’t be that, right? The unborn baby in the majority of cases is healthy.

Man’s Gestational Law

A normal pregnancy lasts between 38-42 weeks. A baby is considered ‘viable’ at 37 weeks. However, the University of Utah determined in a study “When is it safe to deliver your baby?” the following facts:

  • Infants born at 24 weeks – 60% – 70% chance of survival – high chance of severe long-term health problems.
  • Infants born at 28 weeks – 80% – 90% chance of survival – only 10% chance of long-term health issues.
  • Infants born at 32 weeks – 95% chance of survival – very low incidence of dying young.
  • Infants born after 34 weeks are the same as those born at 40 weeks/full term gestation – may need 1-2 weeks in intensive care but do very well long-term.

Therefore, the ‘viability’ chart is off. In the UK the viability of the unborn used to 28 weeks for years. This has been revised to 24 weeks. The UK’s abortion law has also been revised to 24 weeks for legal abortions. 99% of all abortions in England and Wales take place under 20 weeks gestation.

The Sanctity of Life

In the midst of all the arguments and controversy, there is one irrefutable fact – LIFE is precious at an age. CONCEPTION is the beginning of life. Man is the only species that deliberately ends the life of his species before it has begun. There are some who argue that some animals do abort their young – this is untrue and I would class as misinformation – I believe the word they are searching for is ‘miscarry.’

In the Bible, the Psalmist in 139:13, tells us:

“For you formed my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.”

This encompasses the sanctity of life. To end a life before it is begun is ungodly and wrong.

This article was written by Karin McBride-Chenoweth. Karin is an award-winning writer, editor and publisher of Christian and secular works in Europe and the USA. Karin is a US Citizen and lives and works in the USA

Published by 3-in-1 The Voice

The first FREE Christian online E-zine in Ireland and the UK. Est 2009-present.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: